Schurco Slurry (Pty) Ltd is searching for an experienced Procurement Manager to be responsible for the company’s supply of quality products and services. Responsibilities include strategic planning, to secure cost-effective suppliers and contract deals.
· Consider, examine, and test existing supply contracts.
· Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
· Approve the ordering of required goods and services.
· Negotiate with external supply vendors to secure advantageous terms.
· Managing key supplier accounts and perform vendor audits.
· Tracking and reporting key functional metrics so as to improve efficiencies and reduce expenses.
· Collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure specification clarity and meet expectations.
· Perform risk management for supply contracts and contract agreements.
· Engage with the Quality Assurance team for inspections upon deliveries to ensure goods meet required specifications and are ordered correctly.
· Initiate corrective actions following the NCR process and engage with suppliers for resolution and corrective actions.
· Control spending and develop an effective culture of long-term savings on procurement costings.
· Forecast alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
· Expect unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare effective control strategies.
· Monitor inventory to ensure the stock turnover remains positive and aligned to demands.
· Analysing industry and market demand trends.
· Good knowledge of supplier or 3rdparty management software.
· Experienced in negotiations and networking.
· In-depth knowledge of market trends and industry analysis.
· Knowledge of procurement,quality and sourcing techniques.
· High aptitude in decision making and working with numbers.
· Experienced in collecting, preparing, and analysing data.
· Strong leadership capabilities.
· Experience in capital equipment, engineering sector favourable.
· BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
SALARY: Negotiable based on experience
Please forward all applications to: Liza Appelgryn at Lappelgryn @ schurco . com
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jet Park, Gauteng: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Application Deadline: 2023/01/31