Well known Stellenbosch wine estate, Jordan Winery, requires an Office Administrator for the Estate. The successful candidate will have to be an excellent contact point for all customers and suppliers, ensuring their needs are communicated quickly and effectively. This individual will be vital for any internal communication and responsible for the smooth running of the office on a day-to-day basis.
The ideal candidate is a solution-driven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can work accurately under pressure as a self-driven, fast paced individual. This candidate must be passionate about the wine industry, loyal and relish working in an environment crafted through relationship building and family principles.
Day to day duties will include but are not limited to:
· Work closely with the sales manager on all orders, sales, agent requests, deals, etc.
· Perform tasks relating to receipt, processing and recording of orders on Pastel; customer queries; proof of delivery; invoices; and statement requests.
· Send monthly statements to customers for payment and handle all statement requests received during the month.
· Scan, email, and post monthly Debtor statements.
· Process all trade, export and DTC orders, and send invoices to the relevant warehouses, communicating enquiries to the relevant department/manager.
· Invoice out all new packages made available and new DTC customers for Private Trade orders.
· Email invoices to distributors for delivery and prepare the daily trip sheet for deliveries, communicating on the driver’s WhatsApp group if any issues need to be attended to.
· Manage all regional warehouse transfers.
· Carry out clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, and directing customers to the correct department.
· Answer the switchboard in a professional manner and direct all calls to the relevant person.
· Deal with customer queries, proof of delivery, and statement requests.
· Stationary control: Ordering and maintaining stock of the correct stationary for office use, including business cards and letterheads, etc.
· Correctly file all suppliers for easy accessibility when an enquiry is received.
· Take weekly minutes for all staff meetings recorded on Word and send to all departments.
· Update staff lists on a regular basis including birthdays, telephone and emergency contacts.
· Manage Jordan WhatsApp group: Updating birthdays, leave or relevant and important news.
· Keep staff leave recorded on Outlook calendar, up to date and easily accessible for all staff.
· Arrange staff farewells.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
· Minimum of 3 years’ relevant working experience within the wine industry in administration
· Knowledge of Pastel Sage Evolution
· Excellent computer literacy (MS Office), communication skills and professional telephone etiquette.
· Attention to detail, team mentality and positive attitude.
· A relevant tertiary qualification in administration would be beneficial.
· Must have own reliable transport.
In return, Jordan Wine Estate offers a competitive remuneration package.
Commencement of duties: Mid-January 2022
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stellenbosch, Western Cape: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have experience working on Pastel Sage Evolution?
- Administrative office procedures, practices and equipment: 3 years (Required)